Saturday, January 12, 2013

Photo ATCs - Landscape - Sepia


These images are of ATCs that I created from photos, and that I converted to black & white photos and then applied a sepia filter.  The swap these were prepared for required the photos be sepia toned, and be either landscape or architecture images.  Landscape being one of my favorites, I chose that.  The first image, below, is of a juniper tree I took on top of Sandia Crest.  The leaning of the tree is due to the winds that blow up there quite a bit!  I also love the pattern created by the Manzano mountains in the background.


Last spring/summer, we had a terrible wildfire season.  One evening, we had smoke drifting in our area from a wildfire burning a few hours south of us.  This was sunset, and it had a surreal quality to it, due to the smoke in the air.


We do have some wonderful cloud formations here in New Mexico, and the sunrise image, below, captured that.  The sepia tone helped to accent the texture of the clouds in the sky.


The final image, below, was taken as we were driving around the East Mountain area where we live.  As we drove down the back roads, at one point, we were driving parallel to train tracks.  We stopped and I climbed around the fence that was sort of there (it was half down) and up onto the track to get this shot.  


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment