Sunday, January 13, 2013

Summer & Wisdom

I decided to play with my new background paper and create some digital collages.  The first piece, below, creates the impression of summer vacation.  The background paper has the mom with her children at some sort of beach amusement park.  The distressed effect of the background creates a sort of vintage feel to it.  I added the child's ticket in the lower right corner, and also the vintage postcard.  The postcard is from France, so in my imagination, this is all taking place in a village along the French seaside.


This next image also continues the summer feel.  The background paper has the surfer image on it, and the texture around and below him makes me think of him coming back to a beach cottage after a morning of surfing in the ocean.  The young woman is the girl he left behind in the city, wondering if he's thinking of her and misses her.  


This last image has more of a somber tone to it.  The phrase across the top of the piece references the souls of the dead and wisdom of the gods.  I feel like the image of the ghost town street reflects the souls of the dead.  I have always thought that ravens and crows seemed to reflect a sort of timeless wisdom, and so I chose the image of the raven to reflect that.  You have to wonder what the wisdom of the gods was when deciding which towns would survive and thrive.....and which would not.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment