Sunday, January 6, 2013

Frosty Morning

 The other morning, we woke up to a hoar frost.  I took these photos from various places in the airpark where we live.  The above photo is of my friend's Norwegian Fjord, Jewel, with the frost clinging to the very tips of her coat.  What a sweet image of her as she was enjoying her breakfast.  Still, she did stop and look up to greet me and pose!


 I really like the line created by the sun's reflection to the frost covered tree in this image.  This was taken on my friend's (with Jewel) property, just outside of the area where Jewel was enjoying breakfast.  What a beautiful blue sky to offset the frost!


 These yuccas are in our front yard, and I just had to include a photo of them with the frost on the little wisps of the leaves.  This is such a nice little intimate landscape.

  
As I drove thru the airpark, I noticed that the moon was still overhead.  I really liked the image this created - the moon, the frost and the shades of blue in between (and this was Nature - no "enhancement" on my part!).


 As I drove past a neighbor's collection of pines, I stopped and take an image of the frost on them - sort of like those frosted artificial Christmas trees....except natural, of course!  And, I really loved that the mountains were in the background.


It was a hard winter.  That was the thought I had when I looked at this scene just outside our front yard gate, and had to chuckle.  Actually, our winter has not been hard at all.  We've had less snow so far than we had last year, altho we are having a little cold snap (highs around freezing) right now.  It's the skull that makes this seem like it must be a very tough winter!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment