Sunday, January 20, 2013

Postage People ATCs

Today, I worked on an ATC swap and thought you might like to see some of the results!  The theme was "postage people" using postage stamps for the heads of the people.  The first card, below, used a postage stamp of a very young Queen Elizabeth.  I sort of pretended that she was still a princess, since she looked so young!


This next care used the bodies of an older couple posing for a semi-formal picture.  I found 2 stamps - a woman and a man that seemed perfect for the feel of this.  I have no idea who these folks are, as they were foreign stamps, and I couldn't tell what country they were from (ok, I didn't look very hard either!).  They just looked so serious and somber, I couldn't help but decide to name this piece "Happy Couple" !


This last card reflects opposites, in a way.  Again, I have no idea who the woman is in the stamp, but she seemed perfect for the picture of a young woman posing for a more formal portrait photograph.  So, I combined the 2 and then put her on a background that had a very busy, vibrant absract design to it - sort of the opposite of the "Prim & Proper" title!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment