Saturday, February 7, 2015

Tropical Greenery


One of the amazing things about Jamaica are the incredible different types of greenery (or not greenery) that there are all around you.  Take a look -
 
 
Isn't this palm frond great?  I love the color of it, even if this one has seen its better day.  I believe this is a palm frond or leaf is in the process of dying, but the colors in it were so incredible, I had to capture it.

 
Another thing I really love is that even the green leaves have wonderful color variation in them.  Green is not my favorite color (altho I do like it) - however, I couldn't stop looking at these leaves and the variety of green was in each and every one!

 
And, the reds aren't shabby either!  I believe the leaves in the previous image and these are coleus leaves.  I'm not surprised these plants do not have any flowers with them.  All the energy of beauty has gone into the leaves.

 
These leaves combine the best of the red and green.  The brightness of the colors are so wonderfully joyful, the leaves seem to be reaching out to everyone to touch them with happiness.

 
This image is one of my favorites.  I love the lines of the palm leaves hanging down, reaching up, and the circles of the fence as a sort of balance to the lines.

 
Ok, so technically, this isn't an image of greenery.  It's a fabulous root system (or part of it) of a huge tree growing around the pond on the resort.  I love the gnarly details of the roots, and had to capture it.
 
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment