Saturday, February 14, 2015

Foggy Morn



Because it’s so dry here, we don’t often have foggy mornings.  When we do, I love to truly enjoy them, and the other morning that meant going out to photograph it with my super ace puppy photographer assistant, Miki!
 
Typically, you should be able to see the plains leading to the mountains behind this little bush, but the fog this morning totally blocked all of that out. I played with a special effect on the image, adding a sort of luminosity to it.  I do really like it; it has a sort of warmish feeling, and makes the entire scene a bit more cheerful, in a way.

 
This is one of my favorite scenes to photograph – it’s the fence line of one of our neighbors.  I especially liked it on this morning because the fog makes the trees softly fade into the background which is a milky color.  The frost on the fence makes it look a bit chillier than it actually was outside, tho.

 
I really like the feel of this shot.  My friend has the most photogenic property around!  I always manage to find a really cool vantage point for a shot.  This one is of the very front of her property.  I love the fence and the bare branches of the trees.  Again, due to the fog, there’s an intimacy to this image that happens because you really can’t see any background.  It’s just you, the fence and the trees.  I found a very cool effect that makes it look like the image is printed on crumpled vintage paper and that just adds to the soft mystery of the image – as if you just uncrumpled it after finding it in a trunk in the attic.

 
Here’s another image from almost in the same spot.  I simply moved over a few feet and captured the same fence, but a bit further down than the previous shot, with a different tree in the image.  I also picked a different effect for the image background.  It almost looks like the image is printed on a very fine linen type of fabric or canvas.

 
And, finally, toward the end of our walk, as the fog was beginning to life, we passed a building with a vivid red door that shows up as a soft red in the fog.  I love the touch of color the door adds to this dreamy scene.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment