Tuesday, February 10, 2015

New Mixed Media Art


I just thought I'd share some new pieces of mixed media art that I've created on wood panels.  They are all different, and I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed creating them!
 
 
 
This was actually a gift for a friend.  It's made using text papers, paint, polymer clay flowers and butterflies I created, and fabric scraps.  It's lighthearted and fun, and written underneath everything you can see, is the phrase "friends are flowers in the garden of life".  How true.

 
It was a very wintry snowy day, and I felt like capturing it somehow in my art.  This piece has text, paint, background papers created using CitraSolv and magazine pages, and some images of mine, printed on rice paper, and finally a few fabric strips.  I outlined some parts of the cabin with a white marker, to enhance it more.  I wanted to capture the feeling of how a cabin can be a refuge in the woods during a snowfall. 

 
This piece is a bit of a contrast to the previous one.  This one primarily uses pan pastels with stencils over text pages.  I also added some ephemera, a leaf and key, and both a polymer clay and wood heart.  I've created a house shape within the piece, and I think of this piece as Home & Heart.

 
This last piece was created using a vintage photo of my husband's great grandfather when he was a wee baby.  There are layers of hand made paper, stamped paper, lace and twigs from our garden on a wood substrate covered by text, paint and tissue.  All the stories I've heard about Jeff's great grandfather makes him seem almost larger than life, and I love the contrast this piece has with that adult persona of him.  In this piece, he's a vulnerable innocent baby - who knew the adventures his life would hold!
 
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment