Sunday, February 1, 2015

Jamaica Photo Sketches

 
One of the things that I loved about Jamaica were the wonderful little vignettes that just seemed to be all around me!  I thought they would make wonderful sketches.  Now, altho I've enrolled for a sketching class, I haven't had a single lesson yet, so I figured I'd use my software to create something like that!  Take a look -
 
 
One of the great things about where we stayed was that there were palm trees right on the beach area where we could sit and enjoy the water, sun and breeze.  This image really illustrates that.  In fact, at times we used the palms to shade us from the sun!

 
I love the relaxed feel of the beach, too.  This sketch really captures the feeling of a day on the beach - pull up a chaise, grab a good book, and chill!

As we drove to and from the airport, we would see the little towns with colorful shacks that held a number of shops - I really got a kick out of this little "outlet store" !

In this case, the colorful little shacks were, I think, homes.  Jamaica is a poor country, but the people seem to be quite warm and friendly, and their homes seem to match their personalities.
 
Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment