Tuesday, February 24, 2015

February, 2006


 
It's fairly cold out here this morning, altho nothing when compared to the Midwest where I used to live.  The nip in the air reminded me of a magical photo shoot that happened back in February, 2006, when I was taking a digital photography class at The Morton Arboretum in Lisle, IL, a western suburb of Chicago.  I dug back through some old images and found the shots from that morning.  Since I can't recall what I was thinking back then, I thought I'd just include some quotes about winter to accompany the photos. 
 
 
"We cannot stop the winter or the summer from coming.  We cannot stop the spring or the fall or make them other than they are. They are gifts from the universe that we cannot refuse. But we can choose what we will contribute to life when each arrives."
Gary Zukav

 
"Let us love winter, for it is the spring of genius."
Pietro Aretino

 
 
"Winter is a season of recovery and preparation."
Paul Theroux

 
"You can't get too much winter in the winter."
Robert Frost
 
(Boston may take issue with that statement, tho!)

 
"At the Winter Solstice, the wind is cold, trees are bare and all lies in stillness beneath blankets of snow."
Gary Zukov

 
"While I relish our warm months, winter forms our character and brings out our best."
Tom Allen

 
 
"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."
Albert Camus

 
Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment