Sunday, January 19, 2014

Tea cup Treasure Idea


So, I got this idea (actually 2) that require a tea cup and saucer and teaspoon.  Yesterday, I went off in search of tea cups and saucers here in town at a couple of thrift stores.  



I stopped at the Salvation Army thrift store and found 3 teacups and a few teaspoons.....
 


....And I went to the thrift store that benefits a horse rescue ranch nearby, and found a bunch more teaspoons, but no tea cups and saucers (a mom just bought out all they had a few days ago in preparation for her daughter's birthday - sounds fun!) and then back home......


...The teaspoons are for a mixed media idea, but I didn't have the supplies I needed to create those, and as I looked at the tea cups, I thought they'd make a great photo still life to include on another mixed media idea, but they needed something.....


...And so I added some postcards....sipping tea, dreaming of places we'd like to go, enjoying hearing from those who are going to places we may have never thought of going..... can't you just feel that from these photos?  I did play around with my new filter software to create different dreamy effects.  I also got a vintage type recipe card holder during my treasure hunt, and I think I'll do this shoot again with that and a recipe out on the table....menu planning for the day?  Both this shoot and the recipe card shoot will make up a sweet series of art.  I'll be sure to share them when they are created, but for now, enjoy the seeds of the ideas!
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment