Monday, January 20, 2014

Flower Garden Mixed Media


I've started building inventory for my online shop (which I'll open later this year), and here are some mixed media pieces that I'll be offering, combining not only my love of paper, but my first love of photography!  Take a look - 

 
The first piece, above, is called "Relax".  The foundation for this piece is a photo of a flower that I altered, using a filter that makes it look like it's painted.  Add papers, both machine prepared and hand made, and this is the result!  The relaxing feeling of this piece resulted in its name.

 
For the second piece, I again started with a flower photo, altered to look like a drawing with crayons.  Add the same types of paper resulted in this light, bright piece, focusing on the "Beauty" of the flower.

 
This last piece starts with a photo of a sunflower made to look like an oil painting.  I love sunflowers and they really seem to spark my imagination in a very good way.  So, of course, the name of this piece had to be "Imagine".
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment