Sunday, January 12, 2014

Painting with Photography


I'm just playing with the new filter software.....


The above image is along the Norris Basin area in Yellowstone.  I loved the colors in the original photo, and the steam from the springs rising up.  I applied an oil painting filter to this one and like look of the brush effect.  Sort of adds to the wispy look of the rising steam.


The image above is of the bison grazing in the Hayden Valley (also in Yellowstone) at dawn.  This time I applied a watercolor painting filter.  I really liked how pronounced the brush strokes were with this particular filter.  It adds a texture to the piece that I like.


And, finally, this image is using a pastel painting filter.  It's of the early dawn at Hayden Valley, too.  I like this effect, as the colors of the dawn did have a sort of soft pastel feel to them at this moment of the sunrise.  It's also interesting how the different painting filters really work with the different images.
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment