Saturday, December 21, 2013

Moon and Sunrise


Yesterday, just about dawn, I drove to a deserted cabin about 10 minutes or so from home.  I did get some great shots of the cabin (in separate posts), but the unexpected treasures came from the images I was able to capture of the moon in the dark sky and the sunrise over the landscape. (You can click on the images to enlarge them and make the quotes easier to read.)


The above image of the moon with wisps of clouds passing in front of it just seemed to evoke a sense of mystery.  Since I was out there creating images, the quote from Julia Cameron just seemed appropriate for this image.  Surprise was certainly what I felt when I found the moon posing so perfectly for me!


Here's another image from just a few minutes later.  Interesting how much darker the sky seemed to be at this point.  Again, keeping with the mystery theme of this moment, I thought this quote really kind of summed up how people (including me!) often feel about mystery and just the uncertainty of life.

 
And, finally, the sunrise on the landscape.  When people have asked me how I like living in New Mexico, I will generally tell them that this is the place where I was meant to live.  This quote seems to capture the reason why I feel that way.
 
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment