Monday, December 23, 2013

Digital Collage Pieces - Deserted Cabin Area

Woke up feeling a bit creative this morning and decided to play with the images I shot the other day of the deserted cabin and the area around it.


The above piece is based on the photo I shot of the road and bushy little tree that was next to the cabin.  I started with a Citrasolv background, added a map image, a post card, and Zelda.  She's a vintage image I got from a photo I got off of ebay a few years ago, and is one of my favorites (as you can tell, since I've named her!).  I then sort of blended and merged all the layers for this result. It reminds me of that line from Robert Frost (I believe) - "and miles to go before I sleep".

 
Whenever I've shot this little cabin, I can't help but wonder about the family who might have lived there at one point.  This piece is meant to capture that sort of nostalgic feeling.  I started this piece with a digital watercolor paint background, added some letter text and an image of a family who may have been like the family who lived there at one time, at least in my imagination.  This piece seems to have a bit of a bittersweet feel to it for me.
 
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment