Saturday, April 27, 2013

White Sands National Monument - Sandscapes

These have to be some of my favorite images ever.  Whenever I saw images like this in the past, I always thought that the photographer must have manipulated them, because I just couldn't imagine this type of perfection just sort of "being" in the world.  However, that was before I visited White Sands and saw this for myself. I wish I could take even partial credit for this beauty, but this is all Mother Nature, with absolutely no enhancement on my part!


I love the sort of vast feel to the above image, with the sand ripples leading up to what looks like a sharp crease in the dunes.  Amazing what the wind & sand can do when they work together! 


I thought these creases, or ridges looked like duplicates of each other.  Too perfect to be real, but they are!


This image seems so abstract, it kind of reminds me of a Georgia O'Keefe painting, not that I'm comparing myself to her!!  She's too fabulous for that!  It just captures that same sense of flow and peace and perfection that she conveyed in her paintings.


This last image really accentuates the ridges/creases created by the wind.  I just love the flowing line thru the image and the shadows created by the early morning light.
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment