Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Digital Photo Art – Alicante, Spain
Here are some pieces of digital photo art that I created based on images I shot while we were in Alicante, Spain, this past fall.  These images really just seemed to have a life outside of being photographic images, and so, they became part of this new art technique I’ve begun playing with.
                                                  The View                                               
We were wandering around an ancient castle up high on a bluff over the city, and this was the view from one of the walkways.  I wonder if whoever lived there truly appreciated the magnificent scenery that was at their beck and call…..or if they were too concerned with day to day life to notice.  We are so lucky to be living in the time we are, when we have the opportunity to appreciate this wonderful, yet simple slices of life.
Stairway
This stairway leads to……..where?  I don’t know the answer, and that’s part of what is so intriguing to me about the image that’s the focus of this piece.  It’s rather like the paths that we choose in life.  They may look interesting or like they lead to an adventure, but we don’t really know until we follow them. We choose them for what they seem to promise, and then make the best of what the reality turns out to be.
See the Light
I like the focal point of this piece – the image of the window with the light shining into a darkened interior.  It speaks to me of how promise always seems to be shining in my life.  It beckons us to believe in it and strive for it.  The red undertones remind me of energy – the energy that we feel when we first discover the promise of something new….an idea, a new love, a new chapter in our life.
Explore
The final piece of this series speaks to the wonder of exploration.  What lies beyond the doorway?  I always tend to think in the positive, so I imagine it to be a grand adventure of some sort.  I purposely chose the fancy script handwriting in the piece to offset the hardness of the stones in both the image and the background.  If you look very closely in the image, you just may be able to see strings of butterflies sprinkled throughout the piece.  They add a piece of lightness, again, focusing on the wonder of a new grand adventure!
Enjoy!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment