Friday, February 12, 2016

Digital Photo Art – St. Paul de Vence
I warn you up front.  This will be a long post, as there are quite a few new digital photo art pieces to share with you!  The images were taken in my favorite port of call on our recent Mediterranean/Transatlantic cruise – a small medieval French village, turned artist community, St. Paul de Vence.  Let’s take a look at some art from this artful place –
Charm
I’m not certain if this was a bed & breakfast or a café, but whatever it is, it certainly reeks with charm!  This piece, used some background paper I created and specialty branches to highlight the photo image.
France Welcomes You
Specialty brushes that consist of coffee rings, wine splashes, and some special background paper I created and France-related collage background set off this image of a small square in the village with a drinking fountain in the front of it and inns in the back.  A warm and inviting welcome.
Home
After a long trip, with postcards sent, it’s so good to see your own front door welcoming you home.  That’s what this image conveyed to me, and the piece is meant to reflect that feeling.
Missing You
This piece is made up of several layers – my own abstract background paper, some ledger paper, a vintage love letter, and an intimate scene in the village.  Specialty brushes finish off the piece.
Open for Business
There were many shops in this charming village, and this was one.  I think the shop was on the first floor – perhaps the owner’s living quarters above? The abstract background, vintage lettering and some spots of color to accent the red in the bushes of the image finish off this piece with a gentle feel.
Open your Mind
I loved this simple image of the pot of red geraniums sitting on the outside window sill.  I contrasted the simplicity of the image with a rather complex background.  Music and lettering complement the abstract CitraSolv background paper.  Lettering and the specialty brushes round out the piece.
Postcard from France
This tapas café just begged to be the type of place that one would certainly write a postcard about!  Therefore, I had to include one in this piece.  I also included some vintage sheet music because one can just feel the soft music emitting from the inside of this café.  Red brush splotches serve to accent the red bushes and seat covers.
Wander
There were so many picturesque areas of this village, I couldn’t begin to select a favorite.  This image sums up the wonder of just wandering around. I decided to go with similar backgrounds to emphasize the warmth of the village.  The text “wander” speaks to what one has to do to truly appreciate all the charms of this village.
Enjoy!
 


2 comments:

  1. It's amazing to witness your creative growth Nadine... stay true to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! I feel like I'm finally finding my "voice"!

      Delete