Saturday, October 17, 2015


Sunsets over the Malpais

We had a couple of great sunsets while camping and I thought I’d share some of my favorite images from them…..
Looking West
As the campfire burned, I turned away from that and looked to the west, toward the Oscura Mountains (which are in the northern portion of the White Sands Missile Range)_  I love the glow of the sun as it dipped behind the mountains and continued to light the sky and the abstract whirl of the clouds.
 
Sunset Clouds
Here’s a closer view of the same sunset.  I like the lines created by the sun’s rays against the clouds.  Sort of radiating light.
Swirling Clouds

This is the sunset from the following night.  The clouds were more interesting, I thought.  They were sort of swirling, on a couple of different levels.  It made for an interesting sunset!
Milky Sunset
This image was shot a few minutes later, and the clouds create sort of a softer milky type sunset.  I also like the layers created by the silhouettes created by the mountains (Oscura Mountains).  Then, there are the lines created by the growth on the mailpais, sort of grounding the entire image.

Enjoy!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment