Thursday, October 1, 2015


Los Ojos Main Street
One day on our camping trip, we drove to a semi-ghost town called Los Ojos.  We had visited this town a number of years ago, but I thought another visit (and photo op session!) might be in order!  Let’s visit Main Street in Los Ojos…..
Deserted Police Station
This was the building that I remembered from before and was my primary subject to photograph.  It’s totally boarded up and fenced off, so I couldn’t get or see inside, but it has enough character to make it a great photo op subject!
Old Main Street – Los Ojos
Just down the street from the police station, this is a view of main street – at least that’s what I’m calling it!  I converted it to a pastel drawing to sort of soften the sharper edges of the buildings and road.
Los Ojos Mercado
This supermarket doesn’t appear to be open any longer, but the sign is still there and looks pretty darn cool!  I love the look of the sky behind the store, too.
Los Ojos Main Street
Here’s another view of the same main street, just down from the old Mercado.  I love the look of this scene as a watercolor painting.  The old fashioned truck adds to the vintage look of the scene.
Number 92
I’m not certain what this building was.  It sort of looks like it could have been a little shop…..or even someone who lived on main street back in the day.  I loved the texture in this image – the plants in front of the building, the walls,  the wood trim just off the roof, and the curtains still left on the inside of the door.
Moss on the Roof
This is a back building just off main street.  Actually, to call it a building is a bit of a misnomer, as it’s mainly just a roof with what’s left of some walls beneath it.  However, I like the texture of the splintering wood and the moss that is on the roof.  We don’t see moss on anything all that often here in New Mexico, so the texture created by it is a bit uncommon here.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment