Monday, October 12, 2015


HDR and Special Effects Photo Imagery –
A Peek into Yesterday
Here are some more images that I took on my foggy outing to shoot images of deserted cabins.  For these I used some Photoshop Elements special effects and my HDR software.  I achieved some interesting results –
Gone
This was one of the first images I shot of my favorite deserted cabin.  It still has character, even in collapse.  I applied some text to the image and some special framing.  I then layered this on some paper texture.  In a way, it’s a bit of digital art, but I thought it fit the special effects just as well.
 
Old Cabin
I really like all the detail in this image.  The deserted cabin, surrounding trees, and grasses in the foreground provide a wealth of detail.  The doors and windows are gone and I couldn’t help but think of all that one could see over the years, looking thru the door and windows.
 
Front Door
This is another of my favorite deserted buildings – an old adobe building.  The old fence in front of the old front door adds just the perfect touch.  The soft background complements the overall feel of the image on this very soft morning.
Old Homestead
In this image, you can see how my poor little deserted cabin has collapsed.  However, there are still some details that are able to be captured.  In a way, it’s even more photogenic now than it was when it was upright.  It’s still my favorite subject.
Enjoy!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment