Monday, October 12, 2015


Perfectly Foggy Morn
Sometimes, there’s nothing like blue skies with sunshine and white puffy clouds.  At other times, it’s a foggy, misty morn that gets my creative juices flowing!  One day this past week, it was one of those foggy mornings.  I practically jumped out of bed, pulled on some clothes, put a hat over my bed head hair and grabbed my camera.  The images below are some that I like best.  I decided to digitally frame them, just for fun!
A Page in History
If you’ve followed my blog for a bit, you know there is a deserted cabin just down the road from where we live.  It’s one of my favorite things to photograph, altho I knew that sooner or later, it would come tumbling down.  I thought it would fall last winter, but it managed to stay standing.  However, a strong wind about a week or so ago brought it to its knees.  It’s not totally collapsed yet, and in its partially downed state, it still is a great photo model.  The deadheaded sunflowers in the foreground are a nice autumn touch.  The frame sort of looks like it could be wood from the cabin, doesn’t it?
Tree line in the Distance
I like the gentle lines in this image.  The trees off to the right of the image and the fence line create lines that meet at the tree along the side of the road, which boasts its own line to the tree!  There’s a sort of mysterious feel to this image – where does the road lead?  We can’t see anything from this vantage point – what adventures lay ahead?  It’s a matter of faith in yourself – that you’ll be able to handle whatever lies down that road.
Old Farm
Further down the road from my favorite cabin lies the small town of Stanley, New Mexico.  There are a number of deserted cabins and buildings there – almost like a subdivision of the past.  This particular cabin has a bit of land surrounding it, so that it’s easier to imagine what it might have been like when this was a functioning farmhouse.
Slatted Roof
Here’s another cabin that is one of my favorites.  Why?  Because of the perfection of the roof that is more than half gone.  With the wind that we sometimes get here in New Mexico I’m amazed that so many of those slats (as I think of them) are still in place!  Maybe one of these mornings, I’ll walk all the way up to it and see what type of cool shots I can get!
Autumn Crumbling
Altho it’s a cool, damp, foggy morning, the autumn colors along the side of the road really warm up this image.  This is my favorite cabin, but the photo is taken from the opposite perspective.  You can see the collapse of the building much clearer in this image.  I have to admit, I really like the image of the cabin much better from this side of things!
Enjoy!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment