Wednesday, September 30, 2015



Yellow, Purple and Green
Late summer brought some pretty blooms in the Abiquiu Lake area.  Take a look at the three colors that seem to make up this pallet.
Delicate Sunflower
Most of the sunflowers are gone, but here’s one of the last remaining ones.  It looked gentle and almost surreal.

Super Green Bloom
When I saw this bright green bloom, I had to capture it as an image.  I have no idea what this is, but, beside the color, I really like the spikey look of the plant, and I like the contrast in textures between the plants and the leaves.

Late Summer Thistle
I really like the purple color of this bloom, and the detail of not only the bloom, but also the green support structure of the bloom.  The purple looks sort of soft in reality, while the green looks sharply spikey.

Purple Aster
The other type of flower that was still around were purple asters – at least, that’s what I think they were!  You can see that most of the heads of the flowers are brown and dying.  Pretty soon, these blooms will be gone for this season as well.

Late Summer Bloom
This flower is what is called a Goldenrod; I think I didn’t have a reference book on flowers, so I’m doing the identification of blooms from my memory.  My dad was horribly allergic to goldenrod, but it sure does make a lovely image, especially with the soft-focus background.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment