Wednesday, September 30, 2015


A Word from Miki
Hi – I know you’re usually reading my Mom’s take on the fun I have while camping with my people pack, but this time, she’s letting me write her blog post! 
Miki’s Swimming Hole
I’m always glad when Mom and Dad decide to camp at Abiquiu Lake, because this is probably my favorite swimming hole.  Mom likes the view, but I like the easy access to water!
I See the Splash
I especially love it when Dad tosses a stick for me to retrieve!  I always watch first to see the splash, so that I have an idea of where it is……
My Swimming Hole
…and then off I go!  I like this swimming hole because the rock slabs under the water give me a nice entry way into the water!  I’m really not a diver – I have beautiful large ears, and hate it when water gets in them!
Bringin’ In The Stick
Dad usually tosses me the stick a number of times.  Now that I’m 9 years old, I can’t fetch as much as I used to.  Here’s me coming in for the last time in this swimming session.  I’m pretty tuckered out, but I love the water!
Miki’s Domain
After my swim, Mom, Dad and I took a walk around the area of my swimming hole so I can dry off a bit before getting back in the Jeep.  For some reason, they don’t seem to like it very well when I shake off in the Jeep.  I’m just trying to give them an idea of how great the water is, but, my good intentions seem to be lost on them – oh, well!  I was enjoying the scenery when Mom got this picture of me.
 
Miki and the Pedernal
Mom really likes the mountain thing in the background.  Some artist she really likes (someone named Georgia) liked to paint this a long time ago.  I think it looks pretty good behind me!  What a great day this was!
Woof, woof !  (Puppy speak for Enjoy!)
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Miki describes her love of the swimming hole very well!

    ReplyDelete