Wednesday, September 30, 2015


In Flight
Sometimes as we drive along in the country, we see birds in flight.  I really love seeing the birds soaring in the big blue sky – it sort of captures the image of freedom and flying – better than any written definition!
Wingspan
Look at the wingspan on this bird – I think it was a very large raven, altho I’m not certain.  I love the detail of the feathered wing on the right.
Perched
It’s not often that I get the chance to capture a hawk (I think!) this relatively close.  This guy was just sitting on the top of the phone pole surveying the area, looking for food perhaps?
Take Off
And, he’s taking off!  I was lucky enough to capture this move, too!  I love how his claws amplify the stretching that happens as he leaps to get airborne!
In Flight
And, here is freedom and light!  I love how he’s sort of back-lit by the morning sun.  Again, the detail in his feathers can be seen so easily.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment