Monday, April 14, 2014

First Camping Trip of the Season !


We went on our first camping trip of the season the first weekend in April.  It was great to get out again and just enjoy being with nature - take a look!

 
We camped in a site that was very close to the shoreline of Keystone Lake near Tulsa, OK.  We started our walk with Miki along here and I just loved the way the sun glistened on the shoreline - Miki loved the swim!

 
We next saw some Mallards (I think) also enjoying the water and the sun!  They swam in almost perfect unison, so, of course, a photo was in order.  It's not really anything special, but I just loved being out and seeing everything!

 
It's just a weed, I know, but I loved the way the water framed it.....and the sunlight on the water looked like little sparkles because they are out of focus.

 
Altho this humble abode was vacant right now, the birds are coming back to the area, so I'm sure it will be filled soon with chirping and singing birds!

 
I saw this heron come in for a landing, and as we walked along a nature trail in the state park where we were staying, we spotted his resting place.  He seems to be just contemplating spring.......or looking for food!
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment