Monday, April 14, 2014

Rustic and Painted



Here are a couple images of some cool deserted cabins or houses that we came across last Saturday....and a Painted Lady ~

 
This deserted house is in a little town called Golden, NM, about 20 minutes from us.  I can't tell you how many times I drove down this road and never really saw this place until last Saturday.  I didn't have my camera with me, but I did have my phone, so I captured this image and then played with it in post processing to make it really cool.

 
About 10 minutes further down the road, in a former ghost town and now an artist community, called Madrid, NM, I saw this gem of a cabin.  The entrance arch said this was the "Kickin' Ass Ranch", and I must say, it kind of looks like its butt has been kicked a bit over the years!
 
 
And, finally, the Painted Lady.  A dear friend who lives in suburban Chicago lives in this little lady (over 100 years old!).  I took this photo to send to Jeff's sister, since she really likes Victorian houses, and it was still in my phone camera.  So, I played with this image some and made it look much cheerier than it did on the gloomy March morning when I took the shot.
 
Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment