Sunday, June 30, 2013

Weekend Blooms


Of course, wherever I am, I'm always on the lookout for some beautiful blooms, and this past weekend was no different.....



The prickly pear cacti were in bloom!  How lucky to be able to capture some of the blooms.  Here's an apricot blossom.  I didn't know they came in this color....


The above bloom was a wildflower growing alongside the road we were driving on.  We stopped so Miki could take a potty break, and I happened to see this one.  Feels like there should be a quote in this image, doesn't it?


Here's another violet/purple bloom (seemed to be the color of the weekend for flowers).  I played around with this image, so that it looks like a colored pencil drawing.  Just having some creative fun!


Purple thistles were around all over the place this weekend, and here's one image I captured of it.  Again, I think I need to find a good quote for this image!


Yellow was the runner up color of the weekend for flowers!  Here's a beautiful image of a yellow bloom on the prickly pear cactus.  This has to be one of my favorite images of their blooms.


And, finally, a sunflower!  Again, I played with this one to create an almost drawing like image of it.
 
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment