Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sunday Morning Sunrise

On Sunday, I noticed what looked to be a really cool sunrise happening.....


When I stepped out onto the patio, it was very quiet - as if the world was not yet awake.....


I heard a sound behind me, and turned to find Patches, our neighbor's painted pony watching me watching the sunrise.....or was he watching the bunny you can see in the lower right corner?



As the dawn continued, I began to hear the birds start to chirp and sing, and then they began to fly around.  I felt like they were waking up with the dawn, too.
 


When I looked down from the dawn, I noticed a little bunny looking at me.  He posed so nicely for a photo, I couldn't resist.  Don't you love the way the dawn seems to illuminate his ears?  Like the light was sort of shining thru them....


The clouds kept moving and blending with the sun's rays.  At about this time, the roosters started cock-a-doodle-doing.  Yes, the world was definitely waking up.


The light is really interesting.  When I look to the east, the light is golden.  When I turned to face north, the sky has a pinkish tone to them.  Soft pastels over the Santa Fe Mountains.  At this time, the dogs began to wake up, and the doggie communication system was kickin' in high gear.  It reminded me of the movie "101 Dalmatians" when the dogs all communicated with each other over a long distance to help rescue the puppies. Made me smile.....


 When I looked back to the sunrise, this was the view I had.  I wasn't sure the rays would actually show in the image, but they did.  What a great way to start any day!
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment