Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Mainly Green Chunky Book Swap

One of my new favorite forms of art is what's called a Chunky Book.  The pages measure 4" x 4" and the pieces have some sort of dimension to them (that's the "chunk").  I participate in swaps so that I get multiple pages from different artists and share pages with them.  The theme of this swap is "Mainly Green".  Take a look.....


The page above is what I call "Birds of a Green Color".  The peacock may not be totally green, but the tail feathers definitely have green in them.  I added the little green & yellow bird, and some other green papers.  The stitching around the page is embroidery thread in a variegated green color.


I enjoyed this vintage image of the woman, and thought she'd be perfect for this theme.  I added some spangles, a little umbrella from one of those fancy drinks, and a feather.


This is a cocktail napkin that had green bottles on it, and the glass of wine is white wine - Green and white!


I think these are Lilies of the Valley, and some tiny pearl like beads on what I think was florist wire that reminded me of the flowers.  I added some artificial white leaves to add a touch of something delicate to match the flowers.


This last piece is an abstract with just various shades of green.  The 3 circles are actually buttons.
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment