Friday, June 24, 2016

Foto Art Friday – Past Lifetime
When I took the image of the deserted cabin, I was struck by how lifetimes change – what life was like when this cabin was called home to a family is vastly different from what I now know as life.  I’ve heard the phrase, “that was a lifetime ago”, and the image that serves as the foundation for this piece brings that to mind.  The handwriting in the background is an old ledger page.  I imagine that those types of ledger records were the norm back in the day this cabin was home.  A subtle background of wood texture also adds to this piece – again, so much was based in wood, back in this lifetime – home, furniture, toys.  People often say times in the past were a “simpler” time.  When I think of the hardships faced on a daily basis by whoever used to call this home, I don’t think they would have used the term “simple” to describe their lives.
Past Lifetime
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment