Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Backyard Treasurers
Earlier this month, I sat out on our back patio and just enjoyed the views from there looking out on what one could call our backyard.  It was nice to relax and enjoy these simple pleasures after a few months of traveling.
Storm over South Mountain
As we looked out on what seemed to be a very nice, sunny skies, with just a few white puffy clouds floating around, I noticed a storm over the mountain just north of our home.  One of the things that I love about living here is that we can be enjoying wonderful weather, and get to watch rain falling from the clouds about 20 miles away.
Tiny Daisies
Much closer to home, and beneath my feet, some tiny, tiny daisies were growing.  Daisies always seem like such happy flowers to me.  I decided to convert this image of them into a painting type effect, just because it seemed to accentuate the happiness.
Yellow Petals
In another area of the area out back of our patio were these yellow daisy like flowers.  They, too, were very tiny, and seemed like little gems brightening up the grounds.
Petite Purple
The theme of my wandering today seemed to be small natural treasures.  These small purple blooms appeared in bunches.  Interestingly, as the blooms fade, they become more blue than purple. 
Double Bloom
Closer to home, and sitting on the patio, are these wave petunias as they sort of flow over the ceramic pots sitting along the edge of the patio.  Their color is incredibly rich, too, and sets off nicely against the turquoise of the pot.
First Rose
When we lived in the Midwest, I just could not get roses to grow.  I’m not certain why – I followed all the instructions I had been given!  However, these roses are incredibly happy growing here, just off the edge of our patio!
Prickly Pear Bloom
There are a couple of patches of prickly pear cactus growing in the area off our back patio.  They grow as sort of wildflowers, altho I have a hard time thinking of cactus as wildflowers!  Come mid-spring, the cactus do sprout these lovely blooms, always yellow.
Garden Beauties
I really love this view – yellow columbine, purple salvia and South Mountain in the background.  This is one of my favorite view perspectives when sitting on our patio.
Storm Passing
I thought I would end this post as I started it, with a view of that storm cloud.  This time, tho, I stepped out from under the patio, so that I could capture more of the cloud in the image.  Impressive, isn’t it?  And, no, this rain never did reach us.  We just got to watch it from afar.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment