Monday, December 7, 2015




Signs


Our tour in port took us to my absolute favorite village of the entire cruise – St. Paul de Vence.  Technically, it’s known as a commune, and dates back to medieval times.  Before I show you some of the streets we wandered down, let’s take a look at some of the coolest signs I’ve ever seen – some of them are really works of art!

Shop Sign


This is one of the signs that I think could sort of standalone as a work of art.  I love everything about this sign – the wrought iron work holding the sign, the scroll look to the background of the sign, and of course, the art work of the actual sign!  (And, isn’t the street lamp behind it wonderful, too?)


First Love


Ok, so this technically isn’t a sign, but how could I resist this carving of what is my first love – photography?  Simple answer – I couldn’t!  It looks like it’s emerging out of the rock, and it’s large!  If I stood next to it, it would probably come up to at least my waist.

Atelier Shop Sign


Here’s another piece of art masquerading as a shop sign!  I love the colors of the sign against the brick of the building, and the dove in the insert photo.  So warm and inviting!

Drinking Fountain


No, we didn’t take a drink from this fountain!  Supposedly the water is able to be drunk, but Jeff & I steered clear of these types of fountains.  We didn’t know if there might be any organisms that our bodies wouldn’t be used to and we’d then be sorry.  Better safe than sorry in terms of drinking it, but I do enjoy the image of it!

Street Sign


This was one of the street signs in the village.  I use the term “street” very loosely.  Some of these streets were barely wide enough for Jeff and me to walk down abreast!  But, they had charm to die for!

Knife Shop


It’s clear that this is a knife shop, even if I can’t read the sign!  I love how the greenery wraps around a good part of that sign.  It’s so vivid and calming at the same time.


Salon Shop Sign


This has to be one of the cutest signs I’ve ever seen!  I love the pot and coffee or tea cup and how they are painted – the yellow green accentuates the flowers painted on them.  I rarely find a shop sign adorable, but this one was the exception!


Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment