Wednesday, December 16, 2015

 
Mountain Villages
We visited a few other mountain villages on our excursion from the port of Malaga.  I didn’t really catch the name of two of the villages – and frankly, they were so tiny, I’m not sure there was any sort of sign identifying them!  Still, there was plenty of charm to go around!
Mountainside Village
When I look at this image, the village that I just said was so tiny, looks like it’s a fairly decent size.  I can’t explain it – all I can say is that when we drove down the only road in town that was large enough to handle a vehicle, we got thru it in probably less than a minute!
Little Burro
As we stood in the village and looked over a fence, this little burro peeked out from the small barn in the farm yard.  What was interesting about this farm yard was that it was practically vertical climbing up a very steep section of the mountainside.
Decorative Village Street
The narrow streets in the village (no car could possibly fit!) were quite charming, winding with flowers and plants lining them, and this one with decorative stonework as the actual street.
Welcome Home
Just off one of the streets were some steps leading down to a very welcoming lower courtyard.  The image just seemed to beg to be converted to a painting, and I obliged!
Private Entrance
Even if the streets didn’t have steps, they did incline up in a somewhat steep rise.  Again, I love the plants (and trees) lining the street, and the wonderful wooden door of the private home entrance.
Competa Pub
A second village that we visited was, I believe, called Competa, and we stopped at a pub in this village/town.  We had a small wine tasting and enjoyed some tapas there.  As we sat there, I loved the feel of the pub, with people wandering in and out, visiting with friends, and sometimes sharing a brew (or glass of wine)!  Converting it to a painting made the scene even more charming!
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment