Sunday, December 14, 2014

Wintry Morning

 
This morning, when I woke up, the day was fairly grey.  There had been a bit of snow overnight, enough to just dust the ground.  But then, the sun began to rise.....
 
 
Here's what it looked like when I got up.  I liked how closely the clouds hugged the mountains and were fairly close to the ground.  Our fire pit in the foreground will not be used again until the spring, and it looks a bit lonely out there.
 
 
As I sat curled up in the recliner journaling, I looked up and noticed the sunrise peeking out from between the pines we have on the side of the patio.  I love the contrast of the warmth of the sky and the cool snow on the pine trees.
 
 
Altho it was really chilly outside, I had to step outside to capture the pink and blue sky.  These are the same clouds that looked so gloomy just a few minutes ago!
 
 
I absolutely love how the sunlight danced on the top of "our" mountain, South Mountain.  What a great sunrise!!
 
Enjoy!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment