Sunday, December 7, 2014

Expand


Yesterday morning, my inspiration rock said “expand”.  As I began my morning walk with Miki, I kept that in mind, and decided to take a bit of a different route on our walk; in essence, walking the opposite direction from the way we typically walk.  In a way, it was the road less traveled by, at least for us……and that made all the difference in terms of my perspective on the morning.  An expanded perspective…… 
 
I don’t know that I’ve ever seen the sun and clouds in this type of pattern before.  It’s as if the clouds are ribbons in the sky, reflecting some of the colors from the sun.  The mountain in the distance is in the opposite direction from the mountains that I typically photograph from home.  I honestly don’t know if I ever truly noticed that mountain before this morning.
 
This view is a view between some houses on what is typically the back side (return trip) of our walk.  Since my back is usually turned toward this view, I’ve not seen it before this morning.  You can see the sunrise ribbons in the sky, but they are softer here, with the trees as an anchor.  The bare tree’s silhouette is really visible against that sky.  Overall, this image has a soft feel to me……kind of how the morning was.
 
You can tell I was really “taken” with the sky this morning, and my newly “discovered” mountain.  This image gives you an idea of how much land is between the trees in the foreground and the mountain in the distance.  If you look closely, you can see a bit of a house in the lower right corner of the image.  It helps to add a bit of dreaminess to this image, as if the people inside are slowly awakening from a wonderfully restful sleep.
 
The sun has risen and the glow of sunrise is gone.  I liked the way the camera picked up the rays from the sun as they played off the frost on the fence.  You have to look close to see it on the tops of the rails that run horizontally.  Yes, I have to say that walking our route backward did expand my view of a sunrise here at home.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment