Friday, December 5, 2014

Studio Walkway


Studio Walkway

A couple of days ago, as I was walking to and from my studio, a mighty hike of a few hundred feet (!), I noticed a couple of really cool signs of both the current and past season…..
 
This is a seed pod from one of the yucca type plants growing in our front yard garden.  I never really noticed the very cool texture and color of this pod in particular until it sort of waved at me in the breeze.  Photographically, it’s not the best image with the branch cutting thru it, but I like the feel of this image anyway.
 
Here’s another set of seed pods from a similar plant.  The colors aren’t quite as vivid, but the texture is there, and I like the way the  pods are bunched together, all with the similar tone and the reddish branch adding a pop of color to the autumn palette of the pods.  I finished it off with a bit of a funky framing technique.
 
At the base of the water feature we have just outside my studio, I noticed this collection of leaves from a bush in the garden.  I really loved the way the red, green and rusty brown colors blended.  I washed out the colors of the rocks in this image, just to highlight the leaves’ colors.
 
In this image, I left a bit of color in the rocks, so that the difference between the rocks and leaves isn’t quite so drastic.  Still love that pop of red!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I especially like the 2nd photo. It almost looks like very old needle work and the stitches are rotting away on the left hand side. It also looks three dimensional -- something that could be in a shadow box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the rosy hue in the rocks -- it complements the rose colored leaves.

    ReplyDelete