Friday, December 19, 2014

A Cabin in Snowfall



For the past several days, I had been thinking about my favorite little deserted cabin out on the country road from our home.  I have photographed it many times, but generally when there's a great sunrise as the backdrop.  I wished I would be able to photograph it in the snow at least once before it totally collapses.  Mother Nature must have heard my wishes and a few days ago, Jeff interrupted my treadmill time (I was within 2 minutes of finishing) to tell me there was a blizzard going on outside.  Still in my workout sweats, I grabbed a vest and my camera and took off in my car.  I was not disappointed with the results - take a look......

 
One of the things I love the best about this image is how you can see the snow falling against both the tree and the cabin.  The texture of it really makes you feel the chill of the snow as it falls.

 
I think this quote says it all.....
 
 
You can see how close to collapsing the cabin is in this image.  And, yet, it still remains standing.  It reminds me of the strength of spirit that we all can have if we try.
 

 
Ah, yes, true freedom.....
 
Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment