Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Shadows


I was really attracted by the play of shadows at White Sands; particularly the shadows thrown by the grasses found growing there.
 
It was late afternoon and the shadows started to get long.  This image just seemed to be made to be in black and white.  I love the way the long shadows played off the texture of the sand – irregular due to the wind.
 
This image appealed to me – the shadow was so long, it reached beyond the shadow of the small dune the young yucca planted rested on.  It sort of seemed to jump over the dune shadow.  Plus, I love the pop of green!
 
Here’s another black and white image.  The starkness of the grasses and shadows sort of reminds me of an old sci-fi movie from the 1950’s!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. There again, Nadine, the b/w is incredible. I wonder why the b/w photos capture my attention so much. I like the utter simplicity, clean lines so much. Wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing your love of nature's beauty.

    ReplyDelete