Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Rosy Skies



And, finally, the sun put on the show that we came for!  We were not disappointed either.
 
We met a couple visiting from England.  They weren’t quite sure what to expect, but wanted to be sure to see all they could.  We left the top of the dune to seek out another vantage point for Nature’s show and when I turned back, this seemed like such a nice shot to capture – this sight had to definitely be worth the trip!
 
Here was a shot from a different spot. We started to drive down the road, when I saw the clouds looking so cool from the area where we’d just finished photographing, I just stopped the car, and we got out to capture this shot.  Wonderful!
 
We stopped just up the road a wee bit because I saw some grasses and yucca plants silhouetted against the sunset sky.  I really like this image – the 2 yuccas seem sort of like bookends, highlighting the sunset in between them!  And, the sand looks like snow, doesn’t it?  The mountains on the far right of the image are the San Adres again.
 
This image just feels so soothing and relaxing to me.  It’s just Nature being itself, and creating a very calm setting.  I feel like I could sit down and sink into the sand and just chill.  I sort of mean that literally – it gets pretty darn cold very quickly here once the sun goes down!
 
I absolutely love this shot.  It embodies what it feels like to be someplace capturing Nature’s beauty as a photographer.  We met this photographer as we were leaving the parking area and he was lugging his tripod and gear up a 30 – 40 foot Dune.  He smiled and said he just had to catch the sunset.  When we drove a bit down the road where I captured some of the above images, I turned and saw him against the sky and thought this captured what it is to be a photographer for me.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment