Saturday, October 25, 2014

Thoughts About Life



The past few days have been full of frustrations, irritations and one  huge disappointment, so we truly needed a respite from life, at least for a short time!  We went for a drive into the Sandia Mountains close to home and then took a walk along the Sandia Cave Trail. It’s getting to the end of the beautiful fall color season, but there was still quite a bit of beauty to be seen.  With everything that’s been going on, I was also in the mood for some positive inspiration, so I found some lovely quotes to accompany the images……

 
Isn’t this the truth?  How many times have you found yourself just doing what comes naturally, and suddenly you find you’ve accomplished more than you ever thought you could?
 
I love this image, and the sentiment I’ve chosen to pair it with.  How many people wait for…..you can fill in the blank.  And, somehow they never seem to end up doing what they originally planned to do.  It’s fine to observe those folks, but don’t imitate them!
 
I love this quote!  It’s a valuable thought to keep in mind when things seem to be happening too slowly.  It’s just life, moving at its own pace.  Just relax and go with the flow.
 
I’ve known people in my life who were very proud of the fact that they didn’t change and always did things the same way they’ve always done it.  Consistency is good; however, to never change?
 
When we were in the cave, I tried to take a photo of the inside without my flash.  After I pressed the shutter to open it (to take the image), I realized that the shutter would never close until it got some light.  I just turned around and sort of waved my camera until enough light penetrated and the shutter closed.  I wondered what type of image would result, and this very cool abstract occurred.  The quote makes sense to me with this image.  Don’t be afraid to do something different – it’s a part of life!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment