Sunday, October 5, 2014

Nothing to Photograph (or so I thought)



A couple of mornings ago, I took Miki for a walk as the sun was coming up.  When I started out, for some reason, I didn’t think there would be a lot (or anything!) to photograph.  I’m not sure why I thought that, but that was my frame of mind……
 

 
As I walked along, I notice this very cool shadow.  It was almost as if the horse was playing hide and seek with me!  I love the feel of this image, altho it is a rather straightforward photo.
 

 
These stalks are of tall ornamental grass that grows in front of our home.  Somehow, I never really looked at them before.  I just love the look of the red – this looked much better as a painting than a traditional photo.
 

 
I’ve seen this birdhouse countless times before, but somehow, the photogenic qualities of it escaped me until now!  I really love the character of the wood.
 

 
I call this image “Summer’s End”.  As we walked along, I looked over and saw the last of the summer blooms of a neighbor’s.  When I started to frame the shot, I suddenly noticed the window, which, of course, had been there all along.  I love the warmth the sun adds to this image – sort of a last kiss of summer.

Enjoy!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment