Thursday, October 16, 2014

Special Shapes at Balloon Fiesta



Fiesta is known for many things, and the special shapes balloons are some of the most fun!  By no means did I capture all of them, but I did get some fun ones!  In order to show the best variety, I created a photo collage of several of them into an image.

 
One of the most popular set of balloons are the kissing bees.  In this set of images, you can first see them uninflated on the ground – takes up a lot of space!  One of the amazing things about these two balloons is that the crews somehow managed to inflate them simultaneously – very cool to watch.  Finally, their most popular pose is when they turn the bees so that they appear to be kissing! 

 
This collection of images captures some of the more different special shapes.  The image in the upper left corner shows a diver and something that seems to be a cross between a pig and a spider!!  Next to that image are the pig/spider and a shark – such an incredibly blue color!  The bottom row consists of a cute little Froggy balloon and a basketball that seems to be a bit too big to fit in the hoop!

 
Don’t you just love the little penguin in the upper left corner?  This year was the first year I saw him and he made me go “Aww”!  Next to him was the winking kitty – again, the first time I saw this guy and because he’s a kitty, he’s close to my heart!  The bottom row gives us the happiest dragon I think I’ve ever seen, wrapped around a balloon and what I think of as the Joe Cool balloon!

 
These two balloons are cool for different reasons.  I love the bright color of the one that looks to be an orange and yellow racing snail (fun irony!).  And the cow is simply HUGE!  You can really get a good perspective when you look at the image of the 2 crew at the bottom of one of her feet!

 
This one is also one of my new favorite balloons – this adorable butterfly!  Doesn’t she have the cutest face?  Love her bright colors and the daisy she’s holding!  How do they come up with these ideas?  And, altho they didn’t fly on this day due to the winds, all of these balloons can and do fly!  It’s really something when all the special shapes go up!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment