Saturday, September 27, 2014

Muted Morning Light

 
This morning the light was incredible.  It was so soft, it was almost muted.  Once again, we had a narrow layer of mist just holding to the earth close to the mountains.
 
 
I converted the above image to a painting to capture the detailed beauty of the sky - the texture of the clouds, the sunrise color below them, and the lovely blue sky above the clouds.

 
As I began to turn away from the actual sun, the colors softened quite a bit.  I'm not certain what made the colors so muted, but I truly enjoyed the transition from brighter to soft.

 
And, here's the best muted sunrise one could hope for.  It seems odd to speak about a sunrise as muted, but here you have it!  I also really like that the band of mist shows up in this image.  I never get tired of this.
 
Enjoy!
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment