Monday, May 13, 2013

Signs of Spring

Spring is finally arriving!  We've had a cooler sort of spring this year, with a late spring freeze knocking out the blooming of both our tree in the front courtyard and our lilacs (darn!), but I do believe it's finally decided to hang around.



Our banana yucca has decided to bloom this year.  I'm not an expert on banana yucca, but I think it only blooms every couple of years or so.  This is the second time it's bloomed in the time we've been here.


Ah, yes, I was supposed to plant my annuals today, but I got involved with visiting friends, ordering a new window treatment for a window, and playing in the studio.  But in the words of that famous philosopher, Scarlett O'Hara, "Tomorrow is another day!"


One of my favorite signs of spring is the return of our little hummers!  As we were sitting out on the back patio waiting for sunset, this little guy decided to visit for supper!


And, he's worth another photo because it's not often that hummers sit still long enough to actually capture a shot.  I guess he decided to enjoy the end of the day a bit, too!
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment