Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Playing with Digital Watercolor Painting



I've been playing with some new watercolor brushes in Photoshop Elements over the past couple of days & thought I'd share ~
 


This first image is just a background that I created using several different brushes.  I especially like the one that looks like paint that has started running down the paper.  I had the opacity set fairly low so the colors look very soft and almost translucent.
 


For the above image, I used one of my favorite vintage images.  Can you see the faint image of a vintage postcard in the upper right area of the piece?
 


For this last piece, I used layers quite a bit - a watercolor layer, grungy background paper & a music sheet.  I then started playing with the blending modes in Photoshop (something new for me) until I found something I liked!  I added a flower image from a botanical print and a quote I remember seeing a while ago.
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment