Monday, May 13, 2013

Chunky Book Pages - Mainly Red

The assignment for this chunky book swap was RED!  Thought I'd share some of the finished pieces ~


I actually made up 2 of these - one digital (above) except for the key I added, and the other (below) the traditional paper type collage.  The car (or what's left of it!) was one in a junk yard that we happened to be driving by last month.  Couldn't resist taking a photo of that!



The above piece is sort of an abstract on red with some touches of lighter colors.  The white flower was cut out from some really cool handmade paper scraps that I picked up at an artist shop in ABQ.  Love that red button!


The above image was a napkin glued to my background, which is why it has that sort of dreamy feel to it.  Anyone who knows me knows I couldn't possibly do a collage swap about red without some reference to red wine!  I added the bit of cork (from a bottle of red wine, no less!) and stitched around the edge of the piece.


And, finally, I had to do the traditional "red" topic of roses, using a vintage image of a red rose adding in hearts, including the one peeking out from behind the page!
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment