Friday, March 15, 2013

Morning Walk

A couple of days ago, Miki & I went for a morning walk, and I got some lovely images that I thought I'd share with you.


I really love the way the sun slowly warms up the sky from below.  Clouds add to the texture close to the horizon line, and then the sky opens up above.  The contrail added just the perfect touch.


Dried blooms aren't generally very pretty, but these just seemed so gentle and almost happy as they sort of shifted in the early morning light breeze (and a "light" breeze is somewhat of a rarity here in New Mexico in the spring!).


There are quite a few yuccas growing randomly around the airpark, and I liked the feel of this one with the sun rising directly behind it.  The day is really starting now.


I loved the way the sunlight just highlighted the tippy tops of the dried grasses in this photo.  What a nice warm feel to this image due to that early morning sun!  Can't you almost feel them starting to sway in the breeze?


Here's more of the shrubby grasses that grow here in patches.  Again, the rays of the morning sun just make them more noticeable.  In this image, I also liked the sort of abstract feel to the arrangement of the grasses.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment