Saturday, February 16, 2013

Renewed Spirit on Sandia Mountains


After doing battle with Windows 8 (HORRIBLE!!) this morning, my spirit was pretty beaten down.  I just felt like I needed to visit my mountains, the Sandias.  Jeff & Miki went with me for a drive and these are some of the photos I was able to capture.  Needless to say, my spirit was renewed after this drive.  I will somehow come to terms with the sucky technology - I am determined!


The above image is from the crest of the Sandias, looking out on the East Mountain area where we live.  Our little town is actually off to the right of this photo - of course, you wouldn't be able to see it anyway!  Still, what a wonderful view!


There is snow up on the mountain and I just loved the shadows of the bare trees on the snow.  There's a peaceful feeling to this.  Thanks to Jeff for pulling off to the side of the road so I could run back and capture this!


Here are some pines in the snow with the beautiful blue sky above on the road toward the crest.  This sort of sums up the fabulous brisk air that was up high on the mountains!  The elevation of these mountains are 10,500 feet!  It was 50 down at home, and in the 30's up the mountain.


This last image is of the snow that was melting along the roadside.  As the ice melts, it forms this sort of icy art.  I just love the lacy feel of it!

Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment