Monday, February 25, 2013

Another Chunky Book Swap - Houses!

I just finished my second chunky book swap pages. These were to be in the shape of a house, so they are actually larger than the 4" x 4" chunky book page size.  They end up being 4" by 6".

 
This first book page is one I call "Romantic House".  I tried something a bit different.  I took a page of text (in this case a dictionary page) and printed an image on it.  I really like the dreamy quality to this, and will probably use it on future  projects!  The background is actually fabric that I found at our local quilt shop.  
 

I thought this was a fun page.  The background, which makes up most of the page, is a napkin.  The 3 "dots" are the edges of some wine corks that I have. I added the rose in the wine glass, so I'm calling this - what else? - Wine and Roses.  Go ahead, groan!


Isn't this a fun page?  I used raffeta (is that how it's spelled?) for the "roof" area, added some shells, and the image on the piece is a sort of Monet-like image of a surfer guy coming back from the beach.  I like the whimsy of this piece!


Here's an image of the loveliness of a nice warm house with a couple of books to read while it's winter weather outside - as evidenced by the glimpse out the window of the 2 girls attempting to skate!  And, a personal note - the photo of the girls are my Mom & Aunt Helen when they were young girls!


Isn't this a fun piece?  I guess I'm ready for spring!  The bird is a fun lighthearted harbinger of what's to come.  I just love the bright colors - and the flowers are actually something I did freehand.  I know, not much, but for someone who thinks she can't draw, I thought they came out pretty good!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment