Sunday, February 10, 2013

New Art - Chunky Book Pages!


Here's a new type of art swap that I found called "chunky book pages".  Basically, each page is 4" x 4" and made according to a theme that (in this case) that the host of the swap decides upon.  This swap had the theme of "Nature" and called for text or music to be part of the foundation of the piece.  Then, one can add whatever one wants to the page, including some bulky embellishments that causes the page to become "chunky"!  I found this to be quite fun - a little bit larger piece of art than an ATC, but nothing super big.  Since this is a swap, I'm to send 4 pages into the host , and then I'll get 4 pages back from 4 different artists.  I can then bind the book together however I want - regular book binding technique, binder rings, or even create a wall hanging from the pages!  I'm thinking this could also be an interesting way to create a travel journal, or any type of journal!  For my pages, I created a small envelope or slip out of vellum that a tag can fit into.  On one side of the tag, there is a design and the other contains a quote relating to nature.  I also included a photo that I took on each page.  I've put the quote for each page below the image.  Oh, and yes, there are 6 pages here.  I've included an extra page as a thank you to the host and one for myself!


"Nature's rules.....have no exceptions."
Herbert Spencer
 

"We all look at Nature too much, and live with her too little."
Oscar Wilde 


" "Nature is the Art of God."
Dante 


"Man masters nature, not by force, but by understanding."
Jacob Bronowsky 


"The Amen! of Nature is always a flower."
Oliver Wendell Holmes 


"Art is nature as seen through a temperament."
Jean-Baptiste Camille-Cordot

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment